Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!! Choice-Dependent Pricing -- prices in dropdown box

Hey guys,

My client is causing a nightmare - can anyone help??? In short: when you're doing "Choice-Dependent Pricing" is it possible to get Actinic to **automatically** display the price increases in your drop-down box...?

e.g.

PLASMA TV
    -----------
    Would you like extended guarantee?
    - No
    - Gold (+ £50.00)
    - Platinum (+ £100.00)

Gold and Platinum guarantees are actual (hidden) products themselves with prices of £50 and £100 respectively, and are tied into PLASMA TV using a Component + Attribute. They are also tied into 100s of other products.

So... do I always have to manually enter the name of each Choice in my attribute as "Platinum (+ £100.00)" instead of just "Platinum"?

The problem is: what happens when the price for Platinum increases!!! It'll be a nightmare as I'll have to go through all the Choices in 100s of products and re-edit, as well as edit the price of the actual Platinum product.

Any help would be amazing,

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Ryan,

The only way to get the price to also display is to enter it in the Choice name as you have found out .. You can however make site wide changes if you need to by exporting your site ( File | Export ) select 'catalog' and proceed with the export wizard, this will create a .csv file in a hierarchical format. You can make the changes in here very quickly if you are familiar with excell. You can alos make these changes in the database, you will need to look in the ProductProperties table, you can update the 'sString3' field, this is the 'HTML for Name' option you see on the choice. You will find the choices if you look on the 'nType' column, all type '7' are choices.

As always, please make a back up and make changes on a seperate copy of the database so that you have a point to return to.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X