Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customising Layout of Emails

Hi,

I have seen several threads saying that it is not possible to change the layout of the 'Customer Order Confirmation' Email so that it uses HTML formatting.

None of the threads were recent so I was just wondering if this is still the case and/or whether the issue had been resolved in v8.

Can anyone confirm?

All I want to do is make the output of the email more tabular so that things like quantity and price are nicely aligned with their titles and each other. I have looked at Act_CustomerEmail.txt and can see that it's straight-forward to change the layout of the Order Number, Shipping address, etc - but not the layout of the Order's product details.

Surely I'm not the only person out there who would like this.

Regards, Adam

You are really best sticking to plain text - whilst a tabled layout may look better if the recipients email client is set to plain text only or disable HTML it will do more harm than good - the plain text version will get through to all users so is the best route as taken by Actinic

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Email sent directly from Actinic is still plain text only. You can send HTML emails using our One Stop Order Procssing plugin though.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Multi-part formats

Originally posted by jont
        You are really best sticking to plain text - whilst a tabled layout may look better if the recipients email client is set to plain text only or disable HTML it will do more harm than good - the plain text version will get through to all users so is the best route as taken by Actinic
        Hi Jont - thanks for the response. I agree that sending HTML formatted emails isn't always a good idea because some people only accept text based emails. However, using multi-part emails (that contain HTML versions and Text versions of the email) shouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone tried editing the template to insert the relevant code for multi-part emails?

Comment

Working...
        X