Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Product

Quick question about deleting products.

If I delete a product that has been ordered previously does the order history stay intact or does the order lose the product deleted.

Think I know the answer but thought I better check as my redundant stock is getting out of control and would like to purge them all.

You would lose whatever detail is not directly stored in the order tables (order, orderdetail, person). The product number, short description and the price paid would be retained - BUT - if you ever re-used the same product number, then things could get really messed up.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for this.

I use the automatic numbering. If I delete the product will it try to re-use the product number or will it automatically ignore it when I add new products.

Comment

Actually the product details are copied into the order records, so the orders will remain intact, the only place you might have problems would be if you were using 3rd party plugins and they relied on the product reference matching the order detail product reference.

If you use autogenerated product references, numbers are reused when they become available again due to product deletion.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

As far as I can see Jan and I are both saying the same thing.

Each individual order will remain intact because the relevant details for the product bought is stored within the order tables.

My concern would be the result of any sales analysis reporting run after the product reference had been re-used.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X