view cart error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

view cart error

hi their i have successfully managed to upload the trail content of my online store, however when view cart is pressed the page cannot be found.

i have not yet set up a link to a database,
    i can except that for now the checkout page will not yet appear, i have actinic business and have not found out about SSL providers yet- does actinic not already come with secure layers?

what do i need to do to get this working? is it simply to buy a script that you put into your root folder?

There is no need to set up a database link to anything, and SSL is only needed if you are going to take customer credit card details yourself for offline processing. If you use a payment service provider, your site will hand off to their secure servers before taking the sensitive data.

What method did you use to upload? Can you provide a url for the trial site?

The only thing that should be required to get the trial site working is correctly entered network settings. If the site is online, you should be able to use "cheque with order" or similar payment method(s) to test the checkout.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

http://d256639.micro59.micromarteuro.../Products.html
      is the link to the trail web page. most of the design for the site is far from complete, but all this i can sort out later.

here is a copy of my settings

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
      HTTPPROXYADDRESS
      HTTPPROXYPORT 80
      HTTPPROXYUSER
      HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
      FTPPROXYMODE 0
      FTPPROXYADDRESS
      FTPPROXYPORT 21
      FTPPROXYUSER
      FTPPROXYPASSWORD
      SCRIPTID 1
      SCRIPTEXT .pl
      SMTPHOST mail.emlltd.com
      WEBSITEURL http://d256639.micro59.micromarteurope.co.uk/
      IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
      USERELATIVECGIURLS false
      PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
      USEENHANCEFTP true
      FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
      FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
      FTPSILENT true
      FTPMAXRETRIES 30
      FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
      SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
      SMTPUSERNAME
      SMTPPASSWORD
      CATALOGURL http://d256639.micro59.micromarteurope.co.uk/acatalog/
      CGIBINURL http://d256639.micro59.micromarteurope.co.uk/cgi-bin/
      PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /home/hsphere/local/home/emlltd/emlltd.com/acatalog/
      CODEBASE ./
      FTPHOST 80.243.176.28
      FTPUSERNAME emlltd
      FTPPASSWORD
      PATHTOCGIBIN /emlltd.com/cgi-bin/
      USEPASSIVEFTP true
      FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /emlltd.com/acatalog/

when i try to update the site a pop-up saying 'The following empty product groups have been defined:Example Product Group' would this have anything to do with this problem?

Comment

does the view cart and check out option require the perl scripts. If so would it be that i have the incorrect path from the perl to the root folder?
        on this bit:

PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /home/hsphere/local/home/emlltd/emlltd.com/acatalog/

should i losse the acatalog part on the end??? also how do i know that i have the SCRIPTEXT .pl correct?

ant help would be much aprieciated (spelling bad)

Comment

i have just noticed that when the view or checkout button is pressed the link its trying to find starts with ACT_ i thought these where the templates?, i gues that when i changed the buttons in dreamweaver i have gotten the url link incorrect, could this be what is cauling the problem? just a thought, does the search function also use perl scripts? if so, this fault is not down to the paths from the scripts to the root folder as the search function is working.

Comment

Steve,

The links you created in DW seem to be the issue here. Either hardcode the correct link or correct it in Actinic by inserting the correct navigation.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X