Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Not Uploading (progress not appearing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Not Uploading (progress not appearing)

Hi,

I'm attempting to upload my site and when pressing the "Upload" button nothing is happening, the curser randomly adds the egg timer next to it and procedes to appear/dissapear every few seconds.

Yesterday when attempting to upload it brought up the progress screen and went through the items one by one, now nothing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Have just tried a Website Purge and Refresh and nothing apeared to happen - same curser + eggtimer...

What response do you get from Advanced | Network Settings 'Test' button?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
      server: passed
      connection: passed
      sockets: passed
      communications: passed
      authorisation: passed

Catalog Warning Box
      - The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect
      - The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

EDIT: File Permissions on the cgi-bin are 750

Regards

Adam

Comment

Certificate warning - do you have SSL on the site (either your own dedicated or shared)? If not, disable the SSL options in Business Settings and try again (in fact, it would be a good idea to do that anyway - get the standard upload working before introducing the complexity of SSL)

CGI-BIN - the recommended settings are 755.

Space - is it possible you have run out of server space?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Disabled SSL

CGi-BIN set to 755

HD quota is at 50mb with only 16mb used atm.

Reattempted upload - same issues - no box and just random curser activity.

Comment

Possible reasons

Hi guys. I have been having the exact same problem with a customer of mine, if any of this sounds familiar then you may be suffering the same issues.

Ok, it all started for us (as a developer) when our customer said to us, im having problems uploading my actinic site, im getting a diff checksum error although the site itself seems to be fine.

So, we asked for a snapshot from him, and importantly when we imported it, it identified itself as a snapshot version 7.0.5.0.0.0 fjba although subsequently we have found out he was actually running 7.0.4..xxx

We found the cause of his initial upload problem, after much testing it turned out to be a corrupt .cat file on the server (we deleted all .cat files from the server and uploaded and everything was fine, no diff checksum error)

So, thinking it was all fixed we advised the customer to upload his site again only for him to start suffering the same problems as you describe up above, i.e. when he hits network test it all comes back fine, but when he presses update or web>refresh website it just 'hangs' with no checking of files box appearing.

We have just now tried this, we got him to upgrade to 7.0.5 from http://support.actinic.com/versions and re-import the snapshot we had produced for him out of our genuine 7.0.5 and lo and behold, its now uploading happily.

I really dont want to confuse your issue but possibly some of this may help you get your installation working again.

IFyou do anything, as ever, ensure you have a backup via snapshot, AND take a copy of your sites/site1 folder just to be safe.

If you have any further questions regarding this please post up.

Regards,

Steve Quinn

Comment

Working...
            X