"script produced no output" - only when logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"script produced no output" - only when logged in

My site is working ok, except when I log in as a user with an account. Once logged in, every time I try to add a product it says -

'E:\CrazyWebServer\cgi-bin\ca000002.pl' script produced no output

The checkout and basket work ok, it's just adding a product produces the error. If I log out of the account I can add products as normal...

After reading similar posts I have rebooted the webserver, refreshed the site, deleted the cookies etc, but none of those made any difference.

Any ideas what's causing the error? I've looked at the html for the 'add' button while logged in and logged out and it looks identical...
    John

Just noticed this... although the 'add' button code is the same, the 'form' part is different.

Although strangley it is the one that works that is 'missing' the extra stuff...?

logged out (add to basket works) -
    Code:
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://192.168.1.6/cgi-bin/ca000002.pl" >
    <A NAME="top"> 
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
    </A> 
    <!-- If customer accounts are in operation following two lines allow displaying -->
    <!-- User name and customer account name on every page -->
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:LOGINLINK -->
    <Actinic:NOWSERVING/><Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/>
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:HEADER -->
    logged in (add to basket does NOT work - gives script error) -
    Code:
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://192.168.1.6/cgi-bin/ca000002.pl" >
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=ACTINIC_REFERRER VALUE='http://192.168.1.6/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?PRODUCTPAGE=myproduct.html#a1164'>
    <A NAME="top"> 
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
    </A> 
    <!-- If customer accounts are in operation following two lines allow displaying -->
    <!-- User name and customer account name on every page -->
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:LOGINLINK -->
    <SPAN CLASS="actlogout">Buyer: john | </SPAN><SPAN CLASS="actlogout">Account: john | </SPAN>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://192.168.1.6/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTION=LOGOUT&SHOP=trlshop27194" TARGET="_self"><SPAN CLASS="actlogout">Logout</SPAN><br></A>
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:HEADER -->
    SO, can someone explain -

1) Why the logged in version has all that extra info?

2) Which part of it is causing the scripting error?

Thanks,
    John

Comment

Make sure you have got 'Generate CGI Templates' ticked in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' and then go to 'Web | Refresh | Website'.

Also, make sure your Network Settings are correct by hitting the 'Test' button in 'Advanced | Network Setup'. I would suggest closing the other thread on this issue.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
        Make sure you have got 'Generate CGI Templates' ticked in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' and then go to 'Web | Refresh | Website'.
        Already ticked and refreshing makes no difference.

Also, make sure your Network Settings are correct by hitting the 'Test' button in 'Advanced | Network Setup'. I would suggest closing the other thread on this issue.
        Yes that worked fine.

This is an intermittant problem - it works fine most of the time then it will start playing up to varying degrees.

The last time when everything stopped I rebooted the server, did a full refresh and it made no difference. On that occasion deleting temporary files and cookies from my PC fixed it.

However, I am concerned that this may happen to my customers so would like to know what is causing it. Could there be a conflict between cookies or temp files when browsing the site as a 'normal' user, then logging in as an 'account' customer and browsing the site?
        John

Comment

I remember you mentioning on another thread that you had the local server firewalled. Can you disable the firewall and then check to see if the issue occurs.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

next time it occurs I will switch the firewall off and see if it makes any difference.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X