Site not updating on upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site not updating on upload

Although it appears to be uploading fine - changes are not showing up. It would be a long post to tell you how we got to this point, but it started with authorize.net asking their customers to change id's and passwords.

Currently we are working with priority phone support, but it has been 2 weeks and we have even changed the one site that stopped working to actinic's servers. Our support says everything tests fine. But I cannot update ANYTHING - fragments, stock, deleting or adding items - no changes show. but I can download orders. Unfortunately our stock is entirely screwed up at this point. I have tried from another computer but it says my snapshot has 2 fatal errors (which is a snapshot directly from support) and will not import to that actinic.
    I just want to know if any one else has ever experienced this. We have been using actinic for over 2 years - I know how to upload a site - yes I have refreshed it - many times. We have had our share of actinic "difficulties" but I have never been dead in the water for so long.

url

Comment

snapshot has 2 fatal errors
      what are the errors?

Comment

not updating

www.grannys.com

That is the error "2 fatal errors".

Comment

There is a detail link/button, please click on it and then tell us what each error is.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

not updating

i cant get over to that computer location right now to get those error messages. but according to support everything in the snapshopt is fine, the server is fine, but when I make changes and upload (with no errors from my actinic - well sometimes) no changes show - I even uploaded it to our old servers and no changes showed.

This is after we had to change our authorize.net settings then we started getting the message "credit card details sent separatey" and we would have to go in manually to the order to say it was paid before it would go to the completed section. my partner worked with authorize and email support to get the answer. he changed it on one of our sites, but when we changed it on grannys.com it messed up the shopping cart. things would start to disappear out of it. After a week of working with email support we went to phone support, they said it was not a shopping cart problem but for some reason the UPS shipping scripts were no longer working with our server.

Now all those problems are fixed, new server, but obviously I can not keep a current site running like this. thank you for your help.

Comment

I would try a purge and refresh, if that does not work then wipe the server and refresh.

It could be just a local problem with your PC not loading the new content - make an obvious change to the home page, tell the forum what it is and see if we can see it.

Comment

not updating

We have a couple of changes - one is taking off the fragment that states we are having problems with our shopping cart.

We tried importing the snapshot into the other computer - it went fine this time. Uploaded the site from that computer - no changes.

Comment

Ok - I am seeing the changes, this indicates that the problem is at your end. Clear your cached pages and ensure you press refresh every time you view a page.

Can someone else confirm that they are seeing the changes as well please.

Comment

not updating

sorry- i didnt clarify the fragment for the "shopping cart dificulties" is on the main catalog page.

Comment

"shopping cart dificulties" is on the main catalog page
                      Ok in that case I am not seeing any changes.

Have you compacted your database and done a purge and refresh?

Comment

Sara - are you using Zonealarm Security Suite (ie firewall, antivirus) - there was a version upgrade about in June (approx!) which stopped Actinic uploading changes

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

not updating

no - and we tried shutting down all antivirus software - no luck. we have refreshed and compacted multiple times.

Comment

Hi Sara,

I am working on this and I will get back to you about this at the earliest.
                            Regards,
                            Sivakami.C

Actinic Software
                            www.actinic.co.uk
                            www.actinic.com
                            http://knowledge.actinic.com/

Comment

updating now

it turns out that when we switched to the sure solutions servers the settings were not set properly. it has been fixed.

however, we now are getting the original error message of "credit card details sent separately" and because of that it does not take items out of inventory even when I manually go in and say we were paid and ship the item.

But I am not touching anything until after Christmas.
                              Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

Working...
                              X