Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re: "Add to Cart" button & showing related products

Hi - one for the clever clogs here...

I have a site that has a long list of products per page and each product has it's own "Add to Cart" button. See Porsche Exhausts

Against some of these products I want to have a "Related Products" button that when clicked will pop up a new window showing related products - for example if you buy an exhaust you will need brackets and a spanner. I only want to have one "Add to Cart" button" on this pop-up page.

I believe that I can set-up a new section for each of the related set of products. I can then set the ADVANCED LINK on the original product to link to that section. Does anybody know of a more elegant way of doing this?

Is there anyway of having a single "Add to Cart" button on my pop-up page when for the rest of my site it is one button per product?
    Regards
    David

Hi,

I believe that I can set-up a new section for each of the related set of products. I can then set the ADVANCED LINK on the original product to link to that section. Does anybody know of a more elegant way of doing this?
    This is the only way that I can see that you can achieve what you want I'm afraid.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey - and what about the 2nd question?

Is there anyway of having a single "Add to Cart" button on my pop-up page when for the rest of my site it is one button per product?
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid not. The single add to cart button variable is only available to the 'Act_ProductBody.html' template, so couldn't be used on a popup window.

Tracey
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

David,

I think there is a way around this. I have tried this on my site and it works.

1) Create a section with a single add to cart button, put in the products you need in that section, then upload the site.

2) Copy the generated code for the section from the online site ( would be easier if you have a local setup ) and paste into the Extended Information text area between !!< - - - >!!

3) Mark the section with the single add to cart as 'Hide on Website' and upload again.

The pop-up should now offer you the products with a single add to cart button that works as it normally would on a section page.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X