Switched authorization codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switched authorization codes

I had some problems a while back and had to recreate my web site. Unfortunately, I messed up! I have a customer using Business also and I used their authorization for my site by mistake. I need to change the authorization code for my site so I can import their site snapshot without overwriting my code.

Is there a simple way of doing this? I want to correct the problem (and get my site back to the legal authorization!)
    J.A. Arroyo
    Web Developer
    Faithfully Raine & Shine
    http://www.raineandshine.com
    ja@raineandshine.com

Changing Autorisation Key

Hi there,

The way to change the Authorisation for your site can be done in the following manner, by amending the information in Windows Registry.

Before we start editing the registry, I would advise you to keep a back up. Taking the following actions, in case of any problems occurring, can do this.

1. In windows if you goto ‘Start’ and then ‘Run’ and type ‘regedit’.

2. A Registry Editor screen will open up, then goto File|Registry|Export Registry file, and then save the file on the Desktop.

3. If you then goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog5\Sites\Site1\Catalog, on the right hand side if you double click on ‘Authorisation Key’ an edit string box will appear. Input your Authorisation key and then click OK.

4. If you then goto the ‘Site1’ (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog5\Sites\Site1) folder and double click on ‘RegVersionII’ and do the same.
    5. Open up Actinic and then import your client’s site.

Hope the above information helps.
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Working...
    X