Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netquotevar:toplevelsectionstop

Morning Actinic community.

i am trying just to show my toplevel sections only throughout the entire site. i do not want to show sub-sections.

Can someone point me in the right direction. I have checked out other threads concerning this subject and can confirm that if i change Act_BrochurePrimary.html

from

<td>
    <script language=Javascript1.2>
    document.write(YahooSections(section_tree))
    </script>
    </td>

with the code

NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP

i get a view like the attactched image.

However if i follow the instuctions and change Act_Primary.html with the same code it works and just shows my top level sections only.

Any ideas will be appriciated.

Christian

http://www.adams-packaging.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BadBadger; 07-Sep-2006, 08:20 AM. Reason: typo

help

Is this a touchy subject?

Comment

no not a touchy subect, I read it and was confused to left it to others

i am trying just to show my toplevel sections only throughout the entire site. i do not want to show sub-sections.
      However if i follow the instuctions and change Act_Primary.html with the same code it works and just shows my top level sections only.
      the 2nd quote seems to indicate that the requirement in the first quote was acheived

Comment

Hi pinbrook

on my index page i want to lose the long list of sections & subsections, i would only like to have the main section headings only.

Carrier bags
        Cushioning & Protection
        Pallett wrap
        etc
        etc

if you take a look at the shop page i have changed it for you to see. i want my home page to be the same.

Comment

Yep i understand what you want,it should be a case of applying the same code to both act_brochure_primary and act_primary

maybe you could compare the code on the 2 templates, examine the correct template and see how it differs from the wrong template.

It is hard for us to tell you where the problem is as your site is live and at present both pages show sections and subsections

Comment

Morning Pinbrook

I have had to change the menu back as it is a live website but i can confirm that i can get it to work on Act_Primary, when i use the same code on Act_BrochurePrimary it displays the word NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP

You can see this on the image i attached to the first post.

Here is the code i am using which works for Act_Primary

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" height="100%">
            <tr>

<td valign="top" width="200">
            <table width="150" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
            <td height="22" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS" background="tab_pal2.gif" class="actsmallheading"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;OUR PRODUCTS</b></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
            <td class="thinred2">
            <table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
            <tr>
            <td>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table> </td>
            </tr>
            </table>

Here is the code that doesnt work for Act_BrochurePrimary

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" height="100%">
            <tr>

<td valign="top" width="200">
            <table width="150" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
            <td height="22" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS" background="tab_pal2.gif" class="actsmallheading"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;Our Products</b></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
            <td class="thinred2">
            <table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
            <tr>
            <td>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table> </td>
            </tr>
            </table>

Any ideas?

Christian

Comment

anyone got any more ideas?

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP will not work on the brochure pages in most themes. To have the section list displayed you will either have to use the javascript method to display sections else copy the generated code from a catalog page and paste into the Brochure Primary. This will work but will have to be updated everytime a change is made in the section structure.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X