Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to a product from a PDF

Hi there,

I want to link to specific products from pdf files.

I have tried http://www.leonpaul.com/cgi-bin/ss00...log/&NOLOGIN=1 which works from within my website and
    http://www.leonpaul.com/cgi-bin/ss00...=F40&NOLOGIN=1 from the advanced user guide and neither seem to work...

Has anyone got any idea how to do it from a PDF?

Thhanks,

Alex

I always prefer to take people directly to the page and the product anchor using

Code:
    http://www.leonpaul.com/acatalog/Shop_Home_Body_wires_for_Foil_and_Sabre_42.html#aF40

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for that, my concern was that I might move sections around so I wanted it to be a non direct URL if possible.

I don't move things around much but the PDF's may not be updated for 5 years!

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexrpaul
        I might move sections around so I wanted it to be a non direct URL if possible
        No matter where you move the sections to they will still retain the same pagename.html .. this would only be an issue if you moved the product to a different section.

The info in the userguide should work... well worth re-checking. Common faults are:

1. setting the wrong script ID number
        2. the search settings being restricted from indexing certain alpha-nuumerals
        3. typos

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks jont

When you say script ID what do you mean? Is that the id of the script in the CGI bin?

Both of the links that I have posted above work fine from a web browser but unfortunately don't work for a pdf file

Alex

Comment

Alex,

The only thing that coms to mind is perhaps the link was not set up correctly in pdf. A search on google provided this ...

Make hyperlinks in a PDF document.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Create the Link
            Open Adobe Acrobat (how to acquire Acrobat, for faculty and staff).

Open the PDF document you wish to edit.

Find the slide that has the text or image you wish to link.

Click on the link icon in the toolbar.

Draw a square around the object with the crosshair pointer.

A link properties dialog box will open.

Choose the appearance of the" hotspot ". Either a visible square or invisible link. A hand pointer will appear on the PDF document when a link is available.

In the Action drop down menu select either "open file" or "World Wide Web link."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Open File
            Allows you to select a document, image or multimedia object to display.

Select open file from the Action drop down menu.

Click on the "select file" button.

Browse to find the file on your local machine.
            Important: The linked file must be located in the same folder as the PDF document in order to the link to work. If your items are not grouped together in the same folder, do so before creating the link.

Click the "set link" button.

The client viewing the link must have the software necessary for viewing on their local machine. For example if you link to a Quicktime movie the client must have Quicktime viewer on their machine in order to display the movie.

World Wide Web
            Allows you to enter a url to link to website.

Select World Wide Web Link from the Action drop down menu.

Click on the "edit url" button.

Enter url in the text box.

Click the "set link" button.
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X