Selling from the front page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling from the front page

How do you sell from the front page in Actinic.

I thought it was in the Advanced Users Guide but can't find it.

I thought you could actual let customers buy from the home page, but it looks like you can just create a link to the product to buy from a fragment.

Did I dream it.

I had 12,000 unique visitors in July (is that a lot) but no where near as many sales.

I have heard this can help.

Cheers
    Martin

Hi Martyn

Does it not show you how to "add from cart anywhere on the internet"? Does this do the trick?

I can tell you how to add the variable in V8 but as for V7 sorry

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Ah Ha

IOC!

That seems a bit of hassle to update at least once week? Is it, or am I just being lazy?

Comment

How do I centre Fragments in Columns.

Hi

I have now created a new front page for my site, with 4 fragments, in a 2x2 format, but they appear left justified, and on a high resolution screen it looks odd.

How can I centre these items. I have tried my best using Dreamweaver but I am not expert at this.

All I have done so far is follow pages 44 and 45 of the advanced users guide to add product to the front page and then pages 19 and 20 to lay brochure fragments in columns.

I have only uploaded my site to my intranet so can't show you what I mean I'm afraid.

Thanks for the help so far

Martin

Comment

Can you perhaps upload a screen grab of what you have and what you want so that we will have a better idea.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
            How can I centre these items.
            Untick the compact html/cgi-bin option and preview the page in an external browser - hit the view source and you will see which Act_Templates are generating which sections of the code ... this will let you track down which table cell is centering the code.... most likely Act_Brochure.html or the Act_BrochureBody.html.

Firefox with the Developer extension also features an outline table cell option which can also be very useful in tracking them all down

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X