Advanced Search - Customsearch.fil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Search - Customsearch.fil

In V7 dev, I have managed to set up some custom variables to allow products (cds) to be searched for by both "Genre" and "Format".

This part works fine. I then took the search fields from the advanced search page, and dropped into the act_primary.

it works how it should - see left menu bar:
    http://www.adxhosting.com/acatalog/Sample_CDs.html

but i would like to remove the text search box at the top left. so that all i have in the left bar is the drop downs for Genre & Format.

I have found the relevant instructions within advanced user guide, and been trying different things out. As instructed i have edited the customsearch.fil within notepad etc, (to try and not request the text box). But it just will not work. i have followed advanced search to the letter - i think

Looking at the page, can anybody tell me what the custom search.fil should look like, if i were to remove the text search box at top left.

At the moment i have this:
    Text!SS!TB
    Text Property!S_GENRE1_0
    And
    Text Property!S_FORMAT1_1
    And

i thought that to remove the text search box, i would use this:

Text Property!S_GENRE1_0
    And
    Text Property!S_FORMAT1_1
    And

if anybody would like to have a go, i'd reimburse for time.
    Mark

Mark,

If you have followed the second half of the article on the AUG then you are on absolutely the right track. You have copied and pasted the code for it to appear on the left hand bar, you will need to amend that code to look like the code in the AUG.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X