Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning message when downloading orders

Whilst downloading orders today I got the following error message:

‘Warning: Some files on the web site appear to have changed since Actinic E commerce last uploaded them. The changes may be an attempt to compromise the site. These files will be completely refreshed the next time you upload your catalog. Please upload your Actinic E Commerce as soon as this download is complete and carefully examine the details of any orders retrieved in this download.

The changed files are: oldtext.fil, oldprod.fil, oldaccount.cil, oldbuyer.fil, oldaddress.fil’

Does anyone know what could have caused this and is it something to be concerned about?
    Regards
    David

There are a few files where Actinic checks the file dates to avoid any compromise. The quoted error message is reported when the date of the file on the server is not the same as it was recorded during the last upload. There could be two different reasons of this message.
    • The server time setting has been changed. There were a bug in pre v6 versions which resulted this message after each DST change.
    • The files are edited on the server. An intruder tried to hack your site.
    As far as I can see all of the checked files are listed in the error message, so I guess it is the first case. However I would suggest to check your recently downloaded orders (especially the account orders - as these could be compromised) and change your ftp password.

Regards,
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X