Website not attracting sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website not attracting sales

Please comment on the website that I built (No html experience).I have hits of about 100 per day but no sales as yet.It was officially launched 2.5 weeks ago .I know there are still 100's more things to abb on for the final touches.

its www.gracefashionshop.com

Thanks

The most important things I saw:

1. The lack of descriptions for most products. eg here:
    http://www.gracefashionshop.com/shop...ide_Suits.html
    I don't think customers would consider spending £150+ without being confident that the product's worth the money. I also think it would be much better to have your detailed descriptions alongside the pictures not a click away as it presently is.
    2. Your sections are very long with lots of products - I doubt many people would scroll all the way down.
    3. On your home page the text says click here - but isn't clickable.
    4. Make your logo clickable to your homepage.
    5. Add your phone number more prominently - perhaps on your homepage.
    6. I didn't notice any information regarding delivery costs. I eventually did find the delivery costs in the checkout but it was only 71p or 99p - seems a bit strange when buying a dress of £400...
    7. You need to tell people why they should buy from you - maybe testimonials.

There's more but don't be put off, most important is the lack of descriptive text. I would work on that first. For the other items that will require some html knowledge and template modifications - just work through things one at a time with te help of the forum and the knowledge base.

Comment

I would second the click here links not working as a major problem. Also in your product litings when you click on the enlarged image it opens in the same window if people dont press the back button then they will exit the site when they close the window.

Comment

You have some really nice things on your site but until you tell people more about them you will not sell them. When I first looked at your site I had popups blocked so it seemed as if there were no descriptions. For the wedding gowns particularly you need to add details of materials, designer and have lots more pictures. Style and prices on the section page would look good as well.

I tried to find a nice wedding dress catalog show but couldn't, so at least you are the among the first to try this sales line !!

Take a look at this designer dress shop though, very nice I thought.

http://www.fashionfinders.co.uk/acat...a_Skowron.html

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Excluding the above comments as read.

My first impression (ON-PAGE) was that your design does not match you market.

Weddings and fashion are glitzy colourful affairs, black and red? NIMHO

OFF PAGE, what work have you done via SEO (page titles, meta tags)? I notice your index is still set to HOME etc?

You are in a very competitive market so you MUST utilise every avenue available to the fullest of your ability.

Happy hunting.
          Regards
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Maybe these are just the wrong products to sell via an internet shop? Would brides/bridesmades etc buy their dresses online? without ever trying them on?

Looking throught the products these seem to be the type of things that women love to go out and shop for, and try on, and look at in person...
            John

Comment

Agree with John, its going to be a diffcult market to crack.

High end fashion is always going to be a touchy feely expereince with multiplt try ons.

Maybe you could add customer server such as returns etc etc more prominantly displayed

but your big issue is going to be full descriptions, better meaurements, and loads of images per product so show plenty of views and close ups

Comment

There are a lot of designer sites doing very nicely out there, the difference is I guess that you can try those clothes on elsewhere and also have an idea of type quality, but want the lower prices you might get online.

Did you do much research on your market Grace before setting up online, if so what did you find? Have you got a normal shop as well?

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There are a lot of designer sites doing very nicely out there, the difference is I guess that you can try those clothes on elsewhere and also have an idea of type quality, but want the lower prices you might get online.
                  this is true of many other product lines too - computers and electricals being 2 others that spring to mind. Its becoming common practise nowadays to check things out in the high St and then go and order it online.

Some products lend themselves to being a better bargain online, others are better being sold in the High st

Its a tough world out there, you have to do something to make your site special

Comment

I can only echo what the others have wisely said before me regarding product info... the more the better!
                    I looked at the Ethnic jewellery (my big thing!) and would love to order some of it... there are some stunning pieces there.. but I'm sensitive to a LOT of metals so I'd need to know exactly what it's made from... all findings, lengths etc
                    There are a couple I'd REALLY like... I might pop back (have bookmarked!)... but I need to know what they are first!
                    Tracey

Comment

Some of those dresses are stunning!!

The bride is the most important person on the wedding day. And everyone wants to see her dress. Definitely needs some testimonials from happy customers, some close ups on the fabrics to give more of an idea of the look and feel, some idea on the sizing - will they fit anyone?, is there a custom-fitting service?

And more information before 'adding to cart'. If you're buying your wedding dress you want to know every single thing about it before you even consider adding it to a cart... (speaking of which, maybe 'cart' could be substituted for 'shopping bag' or something more designer-y).

Comment

Think about the concept of getting the customer to contact you for prices on dresses as you can then sell the features / benfits of why they should buy from you...

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                          Weddings and fashion are glitzy colourful affairs, black and red? NIMHO
                          Red & Black suggest some Goth Shop ... not classy wedding couture .... ivory and burgundies would be more traditional and easier on the eye.

Clicking on the "more info" links opened a new page with the larger image but nothing else - leaving the user somewhat abandoned with just the "back" button on the browser bar.

I can only also echo what has been said above about much more information being vital - especially when buying something as critically important as a wedding dress - this isn't like a hifi in that if you buy wrong you can trade it for another next year!

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just a thought.

I noticed these items in your shop:
                            http://www.gracefashionshop.com/shop...Jewellery.html

I may be a MCWM but I know these are very fashionable at the moment.
                            I'd put them on the front page. If they have a 'street' term, put that into a Google campaign.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                            X