Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can put your own message in here

hi,

in the auto email order confirmation from protx, there is a part that says "You can put your own message in here".. I have contacted protx but they say it comes from actinic???? Any ideas where this line of text comes from because i wish to remove it?

cheers

Found It!!

I found in the protx .pl file!!!!

Comment

Thanks for this. I recently received an order from a fellow Actinicer who kindly pointed this out to me. I was scratching my head trying to work out where it was coming from.

Alan

Comment

hi,

I removed the reference in the file and rebuilt and then refreshed the site, but it still keeps appearing Any ideas ???????

Comment

Does refreshing the site update the protx.pl file? Have you checked? (I'm stabbing in the dark here)

Hey! I don't have a protx.pl file!

Comment

yes i think a full refresh should re upload all files??? not 100% though, but you never have to upload any perl etc.. maually..

the file I am refering to is OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl and it lives in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC

cheers...

Comment

This rings a faint bell. Don't you have to change a version number somewhere to get this to upload?

Comment

shall I just upload it manually???

Comment

you can upload it manually, but this may cause issues in the future if you need to refresh your site and subsequently forget to re upload the module

Comment

hi jo,

does the protx template just go into the cgi-bin folder?

Comment

Don't do the manual upload.

Open OCCUpgrade.ini in Notepad (with Actinic closed) and increment the version number. Then start Actinic. It will give you a message saying there has been a change in one of the Payment Providers and will rebuild the scripts.

Then you can upload, and the newly updated files will be loaded online.

[That version number change is a MUST every time there is any change to any of the online payment providers - otherwise you do risk breaking something]
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi william,

i have tried that and it updates the scripts when you next start actinic, but the text "You can put your own message in here" is still there in both confirmation emails from protx???? Do you have any ideas???

Comment

I fixed mine by editing the line in OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl and incrementing the version no. OCCUpgrade.ini (as per Bill's advice). I also found this info in the protx installation info. I started up Actinic and got the Payment Provider Updated message. I updated the website and it worked. I ran a test just to make sure.

Alan

Comment

Just changed my description in OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl for my new site to -

$sCrypt .= "Description=Items from Crazy Dave's". "&";
                            It updated ok using the version number in OCCUpgrade.ini as suggested, but the description is coming out wrong on the site...

It displays as
                            Items from Crazy Dave''s
                            (2 appostraphes)

I figured out I made a mistake in the perl so changed it to -
                            $sCrypt .= "Description=Items from Crazy Dave\'s". "&";
                            which should be correct, but it makes no difference. (I also changed the text slightly on each update to make sure the update was taking effect...)

Any idea how to just get a single appostraphe?
                            John

Comment

John,

Running this past development for you.

Kind regards,
                              Bruce King
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X