inserting the ''next page''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inserting the ''next page''

how do I have the next page after a certain number of products so that i won't have the long page to scroll all the way down like I currently have on http://www.gracefashionshop.com/shop...e_Dresses.html

Thanks

can any one help.I ound the instructions in the guide but i need more instruction on where exactly to place the extra html within the whole html.dont want to risk it

Comment

I put it in Act_Primary.html just afer these lines (for the top):

Code:
      <!-- If customer accounts are in operation following two lines allow displaying -->
      <!-- User name and customer account name on every page -->
      <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:LOGINLINK --><Actinic:NOWSERVING/>
      <Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/><br>
      and just before this line (at the bottom):

Code:
      <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER -->
      Here's an example:

http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/ac...ard_Games.html

Alan

Comment

THANKS I HAVE TRIED IT see www.gracefashionshop.com. .as you can see at the bottom ,it has not quite worked out
        Help

Comment

I found it at the bottom of this page:
          http://www.gracefashionshop.com/shop...t_Pricing.html
          It says 'Watches" and is a link in yellow.

The HTML I've show will only provide a link to the next section in your Actinic Catalogue. If you want to break up the long lists into shorter ones, you need to create a series of sub-sections each with, say, 10 products in. Then the Previous/Next mechanism allows the customer to browse easily between them.

There is no automatic mechansim for breaking catalogue sections in smaller groups. You have to do it manually.

You ought to put in the double chevron, as well e.g. <<Previous Next>>
          This is a convention that customers are usually familiar with.

PS. You've got some lovely jewellry there!

Alan

Comment

I've been trying to find the instructions for this. Where are they?

Comment

advanced user guide

Comment

Originally posted by acompton
                I found it at the bottom of this page:
                http://www.gracefashionshop.com/shop...t_Pricing.html
                It says 'Watches" and is a link in yellow.

The HTML I've show will only provide a link to the next section in your Actinic Catalogue. If you want to break up the long lists into shorter ones, you need to create a series of sub-sections each with, say, 10 products in. Then the Previous/Next mechanism allows the customer to browse easily between them.

There is no automatic mechansim for breaking catalogue sections in smaller groups. You have to do it manually.

You ought to put in the double chevron, as well e.g. <<Previous Next>>
                This is a convention that customers are usually familiar with.

PS. You've got some lovely jewellry there!

Alan
                Thanks for the compliment
                Exactly where do I place the double chevron, as well e.g. <<Previous Next>>
                so that the words 'next and previous 'will appear and not the actual name of the previous section

Thanks

Comment

In the Advanced User's Guide the example code looks something like this
                  Code:
                  <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
                  The phrase "NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME" is an instruction to Actinic to insert the
                  name of the previous section when generating the HTML page.

You only need to change the NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME to this:
                  << Previous

Similary, change NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME to this:
                  Next >>

Alan

Comment

Working...
                  X