Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Weights / band detection

Hi everyone,

I am trying to come up with a price matrix for a client of ours. The biggest hurdle is a new location of 'Highlands and Islands'. We have three zones set up for this (Small)(Bulk - Medium) & (Bulk - Heavy). Small is £15 plus £4 for any additonal item, Bulk Medium is £30 plus £4 for any additional item and the same for Bulk Heavy.

The issue is that we have had to use weight as a point system to dictate what prices are attached to them. For example a tap = 100 points which = £15, two taps = 200 points which = £19 (15 + 4) and so on.

When we choose a light item like this then the shipping charges give three options for this a) the correct price and then the other two prices.

This does not happen if we choose an item with a large amount of weight/points.

The big question is can actinic detect via weights/points, which shipping band to use? Ie if a order a tap ,only the standard small shiiping band is displayed?

I thank anyone in advance for their help
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

Unfortunately, in each shipping class table, the first band starts at a weight of zero and you are setting the upper limit of the first band. The lighter items will always fall into this first band. The shipping options will only drop off if you exceed the maximum limit of a table and have 'do not allow excess' selected as the overweight handling method.

I have never heard of a method of setting a 'start using this table when the weight exceeds' value.

BTW the zone is Highlands and Islands, Small - Medium and Heavy are shipping classes.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X