fixed price discount problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed price discount problem

I have a client that sells ties for £34 each (inc vat) plus postage of £4.00 (no vat for some reason).
    They have an offer of: any 2 ties for £49.
    If I set the fixed price in discounts to £41.71, it works as long as the two ties are different. If they are the same it is 1p out. If I set it to £41.70 the two different ties are 1p out and the two ties that are the same are correct.
    I can't see how to fix this at all.
    Any ideas? I will probably leave it as £41.71 as most people are likely to buy 2 different ones, I hope.
    jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Jenny,

The standard workaround is to change the 'Tax Treatment' of the problem items to 'Custom' and manually enter the correct amount of VAT.

Then go to 'Design | Text', click 'Go to' and go to prompt ID 229. Replace

%s at %s%%

with

%s<!-- at %s%% -->

in order to prevent the irregular VAT rates from appearing online next to your prices.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

There are 100 ties, so you say i have to change the tax treatment for all of them, so that the discount fixed price works? That seems strange if I am saying the price will be £49 for 2, regardless of the cost of the tie!
      Am I missing something here?
      Thanks
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design

Comment

It sounds like a bug to me.

There's no reason why two different ties should end up with a different price than two ties the same when the pricing structure is the same for both cases.

What I think is happening is taht when teh two ties are the same, actinic takes the price set, works out the VAT and then rounds to the nearest penny.

When the two ties are different, actinic is probably taking the price set, dividing the price by two to get the total for each tie, then working out the VAT, rounding to the nearest penny and then adding the two together to get a different answer.

Probably a bug and hopefully something that will get fixed later on when actinic sorts out the VAT side of things. Right now there are a lot of inconsistencies when VAT is involved.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Jenny

Use a reward amount of £41.71 and then in 'Business Settings | Tax' change the 'Tax Rounding' to 'Round Item Scientific'.

This will calculate the tax on each item separately before applying the discount. What was happening before is when you ordered two identical ties, the tax was being calculated on the entire line rather than the individual ties.

Comment

Chris
            I change the tax as suggested. They have now changed the Fixed price to £55 but still it is comes out 1-2p different.
            any ideas?
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design

Comment

As long as you have 'Round Item' for your tax rounding you should be able to get the prices working consistently. The question is whether Actinic will e able to do exactly £55. A fixed value of £46.81 looks like it will work though.

Comment

Chris

2 ties @ £34(£28.94) tax item round item Scientific. buy 2 for £55. fixed price set to £46.81. postage £4.00 no vat.

28.94 ($52.09)
                28.94 ($52.09)

2 ties for £55.00
                -£11.07 (-$19.93)
                Subtotal £46.81 ($84.26)
                Shipping (First Class Post) £4.00 ($7.20)
                VAT £8.18 ($14.72)

Total £58.99 ($106.18)

I don't know what to do! they have printed a brochure without asking me if it will work and I can't get it to work. Site has to be ready by Friday.
                Any ideas please.
                Jenny
                Hanson Web Design

Comment

Use 'Round Item Scientific' as the tax rounding, and use a 'Fixed Price' reward amount of £46.82.

Two ties at £28.94 give me a reward amount of £55.00 exactly. Check the attached screenshot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. couldn;t see the wood for the trees.
                    Jenny
                    Hanson Web Design

Comment

Working...
                    X