Connection problem - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection problem - any ideas?

Ok im writing this on behalf of a friend of mine who is having trouble with his Actinic V7 Business.

He has a small network in his office and runs Actinic on 1 machine, which has been working fine until he came back from holiday.

Now, when he tries to upload any changes to his website it hangs, then fails unable to send the files. Downloading orders works fine.

This is what Ive found out so far:
    • He can download orders fine using Actinic.
    • He can connect to the server using an FTP program and upload files into all the correct folders, so the server should be configured correctly.
    • He has exported his Network Settings and even a site snapshot and sent it to me and that connects fine on my machine.
    • He does not have the Windows Firewall switched on.
    • He is using a Netgear DG834 wired router - has tried switching off the firewall.
    • He has no antivirus on his machine, but runs Panda Business Secure on his server.
    • He has tried installing Actinic on another machine in the office, and that has the same problem.

I'm all out of ideas now, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

If orders are downloading it doesn't sound like a firewall issue as Actinic is connecting to the outside world.

Is he using "passive FTP transfers" and has he tries adjusting the connection time outs in "ftp options"

What server software is he using? I use SBS and there have been several security updates this week but none have affected Actinic.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

He was using Passive transfers. Havnt tried adjusting the timeout period yet.

I did try the website diagnostic, in the help section, but that didnt even manage to send anything. Dont think the timeout period could be the cause as its nice and fast using an ftp program, but doesnt get anywhere from within the Actinic software.

Comment

Isn't the Netgear router the one that needs the MTU tweaked to 1500 before it deals successfully with Actinic uploads?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

not sure - I will check that one. It was working fine before hand though, so wouldnt of thought anyone would have changed it.

Comment

Working...
          X