Css Table shadow.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Css Table shadow.....

HI, I am currently redesinging my entire site to run in a centred table with a table shadow which i am using css on a linked css sheet.

When i edit act-primary in dreamweaver and preview it in dreamweaver everything works ok, but when i try it online or preview in actinic, no shadow appears.

here are some test pages

this is what the whole site sould look like....

url removed to stop google indexing it.....

and this is how actinic sees the shadow, ie it doesn't.

url removed to stop google indexing it.....

Any ideas?

I would like to redo the entire site in css eventually and do away with the tables, any ideas on that would help to.

cheers

Timmo.

You might want to know that it doesn't work at all in Firefox.

With regards to the preview and upload, put the 'TDRstylesheet3act.css' in the 'Site1' folder and Actinic should find it OK.

Comment

the css is in the site folder along with the gif files, but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas about the firefox problem?

Timmo

Comment

Looking at your css file I see
        images/css_shadow/css-shdow-tl.gif
        Does this file path exist within your 'acatalog' folder online? You might need to create it manually.

With regards to firefox, I see your code looks like this at the moment:
        <tr>
        <td class="shadow-topl"></td>
        <td class="shadow-top"></td>
        <td class="shadow-topr"></td></tr>
        I think maybe you should put invisible spacer images in those cells in order for them to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
          Looking at your css file I see Does this file path exist within your 'acatalog' folder online? You might need to create it manually.

With regards to firefox, I see your code looks like this at the moment: I think maybe you should put invisible spacer images in those cells in order for them to appear.
          Thanks thats solved it, I had to put the images in the actinic folder but the css path was pointing at the wromg folder.... sometimes when you looking at a problem you just cannot see the solution.

It cured the firefox problem too, double bonuses all round.

Thanks.

now onto my next problem, the V7 spam issue....

onwards and upwards..

Comment

Originally posted by Timmo
            I would like to redo the entire site in css eventually and do away with the tables, any ideas on that would help to.
            There are several threads on CSS only layouts. Some have gone the whole hog and used table free checkouts whilst the majority (myself included) tend to use tables in their rightful place (laying out tabulated data) in the cart only.

There are LOTS of nested tables and fragments of table codes in just about all the Act_Templates and also a lot being generated from the Design | Text area inside Actinic - it is a long and hair-pulling process but it can be done

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X