Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Actinic from two systems

Hi

I have been running Actinic V6 from a machine based at home and would like to run the same system from a laptop.

I gather that there are some difficulties with this otherwise it might be totally impossible! I would like to be able to use both sytems to update and download, but not sure if this is possible.

Alternatively if I can use one for updating and the other for downloading that would be helpful. Or will I need to delete one of the stores completely?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Trevor

Through checking either one of the 'Allow on this PC' options (under 'Business Settings | Options') you can specify whether a particular machine is used just for 'Catalog Maintenance' or just for 'Order Processing'. This means that one PC can just be used to maintain and upload a store to the web site whilst the other machine can be used solely for order processing from that catalogue.
    To permanently disable the ability to upload from a machine that is simply processing the orders, remove all the templates from the system (all files of the form Act_*.html)

You cannot upload and download from both machines.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce

That's really helpful, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
        Through checking either one of the 'Allow on this PC' options (under 'Business Settings | Options') you can specify whether a particular machine is used just for 'Catalog Maintenance' or just for 'Order Processing'. This means that one PC can just be used to maintain and upload a store to the web site whilst the other machine can be used solely for order processing from that catalogue.
        To permanently disable the ability to upload from a machine that is simply processing the orders, remove all the templates from the system (all files of the form Act_*.html)

You cannot upload and download from both machines.

Kind regards,
        "You cannot upload and download from both machines."
        Is this the case in V7?

Comment

I've answered this in the other thread where you have asked the same question

Comment

Working...
          X