Gift Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Sets

With Christmas not too far off, our customers are already asking if we could put together some gift sets of our products.
    I would like to put together some combinations of products in gift sets, which customers could order, but which would reduce the stock level of the individual products ie
    Gift set 1 = products A, B + C
    When customer orders gift set 1, stock levels of products A, B and C are reduced by 1.
    Could someone please tell me how I can set up this 'Gift set' product, so that the customer selects the gift product itself, rather than having to make a selection of all three component products?
    Many thanks for any help

Component Stock Control

Have a search for component stock control, there are full instructions but beware of the bug that allows you to oversell!

Comment

Make the product, add the three components, set the quantity of each component used and the relationship back to the original products, ensure the 'is optional' box is NOT ticked on each component. Now when the user order the product, the appropriate quantity will be deducted from each of the associated stock controlled originals.

@John,
      Even if that bug was fixed tomorrow, the fact that the data is held offline will always allow over-selling.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
        @John,
        Even if that bug was fixed tomorrow, the fact that the data is held offline will always allow over-selling.
        Highly unlikely but still possible Bill as our site is updated every 5 minutes. Thanks for your help on the content unit/cookie problem, we're going ahead now and testing when finished.

Comment

Hi
          Many thanks for your help on this. Unfortunately, I have only just got round to trying it due to the normal lack of time. I have created a product as per Bill's suggestion and have added three components to the product, using the Associated product box in each component to link to the products which will comprise the gift.
          On the product I have selected Sum of components prices for the Pricing model, but when I preview the product, no price is shown.
          What fundamental thing have I missed?
          Many thanks

Comment

If the components are not optional, then you can use Product Price as the pricing model, and the stock on the components will still be reduced (by the quantity in the quantity used setting) each time the product is sold.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X