Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are images pulled from a perl script

Hi,
    Can you tell me if are the images on an actinic product page are being called from a Perl script-- if so can you show me the script.
    I am stil trying to solve the issue of some users not being able to see the images on my shop.
    Regards,
    Breda

are the images on an actinic product page are being called from a Perl script
    Only if you are using Business with a logged-in customer, or viewing a page after clicking a search result with Highlight Located Text set.

All other times product pages are static HTML.

If you can post an URL and the steps needed to cause the problem perhaps we can hep further.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,
      This has been going on a while and I can't get it resolved. A small minority of visitors to the site can't see the images that actinic puts on the pages for the products. They are using IE 6 and it is only happening to some people so I can't replicate it myself. I have been in touch with Malcom (Ruralweb) on this forum and he can't see the images either, he says his browser is up to date. The site is www.remeire.ie, I have put all the images on the index page as absolute links and then within the acatalog folder they are relative.
      When I right click on them they are fine. I sent 1 user a direct link to the large image on one of the products and could see it when linked to a .jpg url but not on the html page!

I am baffled.
      Regards,
      Breda

Comment

As you say - it looks fine for me.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Breda, as Norman says the images are only called by the perl scripts if they appear on a cgi-bin page such as logged in customers will see if you're using customer accounts.

I did look at this the last time you posted but I seem to remember there were some issues around different sites being framed or forwarded etc. Did this all get sorted?

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X