Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Changing Themes

Hi
    I am new to Actinic having inherited the job from an ex employee!
    The problem I am having is that as soon as I change the Theme once I can't change it again and I get the following message:

The theme 'Smart' has an invalid parent theme specified in the configuration file themes specified in the configuration file themes.ini. It cannot be selected.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated as Im fast loosing my patience.

Cheers

Steve

Sorry the message should have read:

The theme 'Smart' has an invalid parent theme specified in the configuration file themes.ini. It cannot be selected.

Also is there any way I can restore the site to the default rather than re-loading Act back on to my PC?

Cheers

Comment

The themes.ini file can be set up to display new designs etc from a modified \ external source .. it could be the file has been corrupted or most likely the theme being assigned as the parent has been deleted.

The file can be found in actinic v7\formats\themes and typical entry looks like

[Smart]
      Directory=Smart\
      ThemeVersion=
      ParentTheme=Layout01
      System=2
      Author=
      CatalogVersion=
      BaseSystemTheme=

check the parent theme being declared in your .ini file

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi

I've checked the themes.ini and it look like this and the layout1 theme is there, any ideas?

[Smart]
        CatalogVersion=
        System=2
        BaseSystemTheme=
        Author=
        Directory=Smart\
        ThemeVersion=
        ParentTheme=Layout01

Comment

Hi,

I have attached a copy of the original themes.ini file, unzip and place in your Formats\Themes folder replacing the earlier file.

Let us know if that has helped. Can you check to see if you have the 'Layout01' folder available within the Formats\Themes\ folder.

Kind regards,
          Attached Files
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X