Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Shipping Scenario

Hi

I have a shipping scenario that I cannot set-up in Actinic.

1. All shipping is to the UK
    2. Most products are free
    3. Product Group ‘A’ receives a one off £6 charge regardless of the volume ordered
    4. Product Group ‘B’ receives a separate £6 charge regardless of the volume ordered
    5. The maximum possible charge is £12 by ordering products from Group A & B.
    6. If the order value (excluding Product Group A) exceeds £40 then shipping is free, though the £6 charge for Product Group B still applies.

I can achieve everything here, using Actinic’s weight based shipping, but I cannot incorporate point 4 and 5 into the calculations. I should also say the product catalogue contains 20,000+ products, so adding components as a work around is out of the question at this stage.

Any help appreciated.

Anthony
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

What if you have very high weights for the products in group 'B' say 1000 Kg +. Products in group 'A' get normal weights that say dont exceed 10 Kg, you can then have 2 rows in the shipping table that says...
    10.00 ...........6.00

The free over however, is a global value, so you will have to play around to work that one out.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Bruce.

I don't think this will work because customers will sometimes order products in different combinations e.g.

Group A = £6.00 standard charge and free for orders totaling £40+
      Group B = £6.00 standard charge regardless of quantity ordered
      Group A + B = £12.00 standard charge.

All other products are free of charge. So I think what I really need is the ability to group products into standard sets of carriage charges, which I'm really not sure the weight based system can handle?!

Anthony
      Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
      www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Anthony,

This will have to be added to the wish list I am afraid. The current architecture does not allow for this to be done.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X