I cant back up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant back up!

Every time I go to export a back up of the site its starts the job but then after a couple of seconds it freezes and claims it isnt responding, this happens eevry time i do it.

Is there any known causes of this?

Im tempted to move actinic to another pc as this one is a little slow at the moment but of course i cant until i back it up wich is impossible at the moment!

Are you ensuring the focus is on a product and not a brochure or fragment in the content tree? Try compacting the database and see if that also resolves

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

you would be better off using Sitesnapshot if you are goingto move to another PC.

All backup does it rotate the database, within site1 - this is not sufficient as a backup mechanism for day to day backups

Comment

i have been doing site snapshot i think, via file, snapshot, export site.

ive just compacted the database and tried again (keeping focus on a product) and it still doesnt work.

it does the animation of a file moving to a folder twice and on the 3rd time, stops mid way, task manager tells me its not responding, so i resort to ending the process.

could it be a corrupt file somewhere thats causing it to crash when it hits it?

Comment

I would suggest compacting and repairing your database (it's on the housekeeping menu in Actinic), trying again but leaving it for a long time.

We have a free backup tool, it only copies the database but does it at scheduled intervals, you can find details here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/

NB: you will need a mole end newsletter key to continue to use this after 30 days, they are free to members of our newsletter though.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ive compacted it, cant find 'repair' anywhere.

it keeps freezing in the same place everytime, wich makes me think its corrupt files or something, maybe if i could regenerate the catalog files it would sort it?

any more ideas?

Jan, this free back up tool will it do the job to transfer the whole site from one pc to another?

Comment

have you actually tried leaving it for any length of time after its frozen though.
              Even though the graphic has stopped and Windows says it's not responding it could still be backing up given time to actually do it.
              Mine does both of these things every night (graphic stopping and "not responding") it just takes a long time to back up, that's all!
              Tracey

Comment

nice one! you were right budgetbumps

Comment

Working...
                X