Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review new 1 product per section site (Crazy Dave's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jxm28788
    for ease of use or to make the homepage look 'popular' to the search engines?
    No just ease of use.

I deliberatly left it clear and simple, but yes it does look plain - any ideas? Also, I figure that most people will arrive directly onto a product page anyway, rather than the homepage.
    How about just putting that crazydaves background image that's on the price promise page? That'll soften the space a bit.

I do like your clean approach mind.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
      How about just putting that crazydaves background image that's on the price promise page? That'll soften the space a bit.
      How about a big crazy dave in the background...

I do like your clean approach mind.
      well I've seen some of my competitors and some of them are just so insanely 'busy' on the homepage you just want to click off the site because you don't know where to start...
      John

Comment

The index page kind of reminds me of google. Which can't be bad.

I hate background images, they just get in the way of trying to read the info on the page.

That page is a section. That section contains 5 subsections, each of which contains one product. The 5 items you can see in that section are all duplicates, and the 'more info' button links to the subsection containing the actual product... hope that makes sense.
        ok I see. The fact that they had buy buttons confused me - cool trick!

Comment

It does right at the top of the T&C's, at least where I'm looking (checkout and on the contact page) - where are you looking?
          Right at the bottom of the delivery info, Tao gets a mention and seems unconnected to anything else.

Overall, I liked the clean, no-nonsense approach. The site is selling a basic product that is a consumable - you just want a simple, effective service. Its not a lifestyle-enhancing thing.

Alan

Comment

Right at the bottom of the delivery info, Tao gets a mention and seems unconnected to anything else.
            oh yeah, the privacy policy, well spotted! Can't believe anyone actually reads that stuff...

Overall, I liked the clean, no-nonsense approach. The site is selling a basic product that is a consumable - you just want a simple, effective service.
            Thanks, I'm hoping this approach will pay off...

ps. That Attack! game is quite good - now I just need some friends to play it with... My wife's attempts at global domination were sadly vastly inferior to my own skills, honed over many years of RTS games on my PC, and the map was soon flooded by my vast red army...
            John

Comment

Can't believe anyone actually reads that stuff
              I only skim-read it. Tao leapt out at me.

now I just need some friends to play it with
              Can't help you there.

the map was soon flooded by my vast red army
              My son beats me at War of the Ring every time

Alan

Comment

I fixed the search problem now - that was a biggie, and updates the priv policy as well. Just some minor tweaking to do now - then turn on the google ads and see if anyone will buy this stuff...

now I just need some friends to play it with
                Can't help you there.
                Don't worry, when I'm rich from this site I'll buy some...
                John

Comment

1. I don't like the nav on the RHS - I find it a pain going from RHS to LHS to go from a section to subsection. Also it leaves a lot of wasted white space on the LHS.
                  Yes, it annoys me when sites/apps force you to go backwards and forwards clicking the mouse from side to side. But to be fair, in this case, you only have to do it once - once you have selected the make on the right all of the following clicks are on the left, no need to go back to the right again.

That's too big a design change to reverse at this stage, but I have just noticed that the selections are hard left justified where-as most of the rest of the site is centred, so I think I will centre that and hopefully then it won't be such a long way for the mouse to move.
                  John

Comment

discount coupon

ok, my cRaZy dAvEs site is now LIVE - thanks for all the feedback.

As a thank you (and to test my coupon functionality ) here is a coupon to get 20% off any order over £15 -

20% Discount Coupon: "ActinicForum"
                    (case sensitive, no quotes)

Note : Coupon expires 2nd October (Monday)

Happy shopping!
                    John

Comment

Saw this against a QMS toner.. " cartridge is manufactured by Silver Reed and is good for 4500 pages or more." .... is this figure qualified anywhere?

Some numpty will try and print 100% full cover black and complain they only got 2000 pages. May be worth covering your back with how it has been derived (if you have not already)

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry, missed that reply.

I've just listed the info from the cartridge (ie. if hp says it does 5000 who am I to argue). However, you are right - there are a lot of numpties out there - I will look at putting an explanation in there somewhere...
                        John

Comment

Sitemap. Aah found it - tucked away. Will Google like it like that?
                          I had a problem with the gss.xsl stylesheet when trying to view it (the gss.xsl stylesheet is missing) - although the links are obviously in the source.
                          Originally posted by jxm28788
                          crikey, don't try and view it - it's HUGE, there's something like 6000 lines in it!!! That's why I didn't make it obvious, it's for the spiders not users. Do you think google will object...?
                          Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter? We're thinking about 1 product per page as well but like the Crazy Dave site, we have 5000 odd products which will make a rather large actinic sitemap.

Any thoughts gratefully received
                          David
                          Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Working...
                          X