Advanced Search not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Search not working

hi - i cannot seem to get the Advanced Search facility to work? Simple search is working fine - however any further search or if i click my link to the search page - (NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSEARCHLINK) - nothing happens

my site is
    http://www.languagesource.com/index.html

any ideas are welcome

Graeme Mackay

Somewhere you have lost the opening form tag for the search input - this contains the call to the perl script that performs the search.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi thanks ..would you know which tag i should look for ?
      I
      ncidentally I found out that - in Search settings - if i check "Show Searching on Front Page" the search facility works!

However i do not wish to display the search on the front page in such a layout - i'd rather have the button link

Comment

Looks like you have resolved this as it works just fine now.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce - well partly fixed but long work around. Basically - i know what's going on - Bill was right the "from tag" was missing from "search.html".

However i could only resolve the issue by manually opening search.html from siteHTML and inserting <FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="http://www.languagesource.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" > manually - then updated the hosting server via an FTP applet.

Clearly this is not the way to go - and i need to find the Actinic template - my guess was Act_SearchTemple.html - but it all looked good to me

Also you'll notice if you do an Adanced search from the site - a follow up search is impossible

Comment

The form tag is missing from your Act_Primary.html (or equivalent) template. Check this file for NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN. If it's not there, add it in just above where it says <input type=HIDDEN name=RANDOM value="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">

Comment

Working...
            X