Css Link Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Css Link Problem?

All my active links won't change in font size via css and I am lost at what to do, the only bit I can change is the colour through design | colours...
    Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening.

Thanks

You need to edit the actinic css file

Comment

I have but they won't change via the css, the only thing that will change are the colours in change design | colors

Comment

I've tried giving a certain link a new span class and this also seems to have no effect either.

Comment

Just to add if I change the hover font size then this has an effect so it must be reading partly correctly from the css file... Could this be getting overridden somehow.

Comment

Whats the url?

Comment

Don't have it hosted at the moment. I've just reinstalled Actinic so all the files are default and it still giving me the same problems, I'm using the smart theme.

Comment

Make sure the css file you are editing is actually the one in the Site1 folder. If you edit the one in PreviewHTML, then it gets overwritten by the Site1 version next time you preview. Same for the copy in SiteHTML.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Made sure I've been editing the right actinic.css, I've been trying to resolve this from 13.00 this afternoon and I'm no further forward.

Comment

I've now cleared IE history and it resolves the problem on the first view and then goes back to normal, is this going to be the case for customers once the site is hosted and live?

Comment

is this going to be the case for customers once the site is hosted and live?
                      The only true way to test it is to put the site live - use the inbuilt Actinic test site if you dont want people to see it, and the view it on another PC.

Comment

Bob - if you add the actinic.css file as a text file someone will be able to take a look and see what is going on

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I've ordered some hosting and I'll see how it looks once it's uploaded.

Comment

you may want to check that your hosting server is can support perl scripts, i didn't know to check and had to change, you will also need then to set up a cgi-bin folder, (not sure if this is a standard thing or not).

sometimes when i make changes and they dont appear then its best to go to: help | Troubleshooting | website purge and refresh.

Comment

Working...
                            X