HELP! Duplicate HTML error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Duplicate HTML error

We have recently upgraded from Business 5 to Developer 6. I have done everything listed in the installation directions and have installed Developer, imported our site snapshot and upgraded our site.

When I try to refresh the site, I get
    "Some duplicate HTML file names have been found and therefore the generation cannot continue."

I tried cleaning out the storage on the server to start completely over, but this didn't work.

Someone please help!

Thanks!!

check that all of your catalog sections have a filename entered in their settings. I have a program in my free library that displays the a hierarchical sitemap for your catalog - this also displays the pagename next to the section details so this might be useful for you when checking the names. You can get access to my free software library by joining my mailing list.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

All is correct, they all have filenames entered.

I get the same error when I try to generate the website under the Advanced tab as well.

I also removed the HTML files listed under Advanced | Additional files.

I am tempted to just uninstall and reinstalled, but I don't really want to. Have had too many issues already.

Can it be anything else other than filenames? Where does Actinic scan to find these doubles?

Thanks again!

C.

Comment

The filenames are taken from the pagenames for the catalog sections, from files referenced in HTML in the brochure pages and catalog body and from the additional file list. The strange thing is that you are usually told which ones are duplicated which is why I think that something odd has happened here.

Try marking sections as purged until the web site can be generted and then investigate the problem sections in more details.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

Examined every section and the site still wouldn't be generated. I think that the entire catalog itself (called login.html) is the problem.

I've contacted support but they're gone for the night, so I'm out of luck there.

Anyone know how to change login.html and/or the whole catalog body page?

Comment

Hi Christy

If your Base Page Name is called login.html, this will cause a problem in v6 because the login is on a separate page. You can change it in Design Options | Site Defaults.

Ben
            Ben Popplestone
            Ecommerce website software

Comment

was hasn't this been resolved

I have read through this thread and it hasn't reached any resolution! Why? I have the same problem so it would be helpful if one of the moderators gave the definitive answer on this. It seems we have been going round the houses on this one...
              Chris Garcia
              Producer
              O art - moving image art

Comment

Hi Chris

This error message can come up in different ways of the software. Like what Ben said, if your base page name is set to an reserve name then you can get this error message, or it could be what Jan has written as well.

Therefore without an investigation on the snapshot, we can only advise, not give a resolution, as each issue is different.

However, if you cannot find the solution to this problem, then it might be an idea to register a support query on our website.

Here is the link to the support query form

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Chris,

I think on this one I ended up just totally renaming my catalog and it fixed the issue. It was once "catalogbody.html" and I changed it to "onlinestore.html" and that solved my problem. Sorry for not posting the answer!

Christy

Comment

Working...
                  X