Crazy search remembering old prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy search remembering old prices

My search results are showing prices next to them that are not the same as the prices of the products.

eg.

Goto - www.crazydaves.co.uk, enter "LASERJET III" (no quotes) in the search box, now pick any of the results (except the £32 ones which are actually correct) taking note of the price in the results - now compare to the product prices...

They look like the original prices before I changed them - but why is the search remembering the old prices? The old prices were never on this server, they were only ever on my local test server so where is the live server getting them from...?
    John

Sounds like one of the .fil files may be corrupted or not being replaced ... have you tried a full purge and upload rather than just a refresh?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

well as the changes were made several days before I uploaded to the new server, and the new server was completely blank before I upgraded it there should be no 'old' files on there.

But maybe the corrupt file is not getting updated from the old site and is just being sent to the new one as-is. I will delete the .fil files and try a refresh - when the current upload has finished - it's taking about an hour per upload at the moment... what a pain!
      John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
        it's taking about an hour per upload at the moment... what a pain!
        may be worth holding back in case another solution comes forward

Bikster

Comment

Hah! That fixed it. Deleted search.fil from the server and all the local .fil files... And it didn't take an hour to upload this time because it's didn't have to upload all the pages again...

Thanks.
          John

Comment

dude, where's my site?

crazy dave's is not responding - it's pinging but can't browse it... can you see it??? Hope those fil files weren't important...
            John

Comment

ah, it was all my sites - but they're back up now.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                dude, where's my site?
                I would copywright that in readiness for the Holywood movie

Glad you got it sorted .. and in under an hour!

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                X