Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list of templates used in the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a list of templates used in the site?

HI

i have just redesigned a site and in the process have left lots of altered and old templates lying about in the site folder.

There are hundreds of products and I have used lots of different templates. Now, of course I want to tidy it all up and edit the templates list for the handover to client. Yes, I know, I should have tidied up as I went along, but I never do that.

Is there an easy way of finding out which of all those blinking templates I am actually using? (other than going through each product..please say there is!)

Julia

Have you looked in the database - the product layouts in use should be there.

There is a full list of templates in the Advanced User Guide.

If handing over to a client may be as well to leave them all alone as chances are they will never look in the site1 folder and better to have them there than risk deleting one

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks, yes, I'll have a look. I just really want to have a carefully controlled and described list of templates for the client to choose from with no extraneous templates on it.

Comment

this is NOT a tried and tested method, only a theory. I only installed one template so I don't have others lying around to totally test the theory.

consider opening the "Site1" folder, switch the view to "details", then click on the DATE column, this will sort all of the items by date.
        in theory, (and its only a theory) all the templates would have a new date associated when first copied to the folder (probably "modified date") - this may give you a clue as to looking for the older ones that are no longer applicable.
        the times may be a few minutes out due to the time take from installing the first template and installing the last one.

kev

Comment

Thanks, kev. It sounds a bit scary, though, because I know there are some original untouched actinic templates in use. No, I'm just going to have to open the db and trawl through.

Thanks anyway...

Comment

Hi Julia,
            I think if you export a snapshot of the site it will contain only the templates and images etc, that are being used in the database. Could be wrong but I think thats how it works.
            http://www.body-kit.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X