URL within pages Site Engine Friendly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URL within pages Site Engine Friendly.

I am trying to improve my search engine rankings as I am non existent in yahoo and google despite having my site up for a year.

I have noticed on other Actinic sites if you view the source code.

Other pages that are referenced within the sites have the full url for example :

HTTP://domain name/page/product.html

In my website i only ever have I believe the relative path for example
    <A HREF="Specialized_rockhopper_disc.html">

I think this might be search engine unfriendly.

My website http://www.irvinecycles.co.uk

Any help much appreciated.

the search engine knows what site it is on, and so pre-pends (is that the right word) the domain name etc to the actual link so your
    "Specialized_rockhopper_disc.html"
    becomes
    "HTTP:// domain name/page/ Specialized_rockhopper_disc.html"

(i've added a couple of spaces so that the formatting does'nt think its a real url)

Comment

You have 40 pages indexed on google and 28 on Yahoo. Is your navigation hard coded?

Comment

Thanks for your help. I believe the navigation is hard coded in so much as that I have left the original NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP to generate the menu. I originally had a javascript menu from www.drillpine.biz but I removed after reading that javascripts menus could annoy search engines.

what would cause some actinic sites to display full url within the uploaded html code yet my uploaded code only displays the page or folder name.

Thanks

Comment

what would cause some actinic sites to display full url within the uploaded html code yet my uploaded code only displays the page or folder name.
          It depends on how the menu is generated - yours is ok as it is.

Comment

Working...
          X