size of quantity field on products page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

size of quantity field on products page

Can anyone tell me how to change the size of the quantity field on the product display pages? It currently seems to display a box about 6 digits wide, and i would like to reduce that size to 3.

Also, is it possible to change the background colour of the quantity box and the search box?.(both currently white).

http://www.dislocate-records.com/aca..._Releases.html
    may help you see what i'm on about.

While you're there, how do i remove the blank lines between the product image/description and the price/qty/addtocart line?.

If anyone is kind enough to respond, please make the assumption that i'm not the smartest cookie in the pack!

Many thanks,
    Robynne.

Smaller qunatity field

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to change the size of the quantity field on the product display pages? It currently seems to display a box about 6 digits wide, and i would like to reduce that size to 3.
    The quantity box is formatted using a prompt (-1, 2173) %s<INPUT TYPE=text
    NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" VALUE="%d"> but the size is set hard-coded in the C++
    so cannot be changed.
    how do i remove the blank lines between the product image/description and the price/qty/addtocart line?.
    You can remove the lines by removing the <br> tags from the template Act_Productline.html which can be found under Advance | Template manager | Section tab and then clicking on the button 'Product Line'.
    is it possible to change the background colour of the quantity box and the search box?.(both currently white).
    I believe this may not be possible, however I will investigate and let you know.

Hope this helps.
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

hi menar

hi menar,

quote:
      The quantity box is formatted using a prompt (-1, 2173) %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" VALUE="%d"> but the size is set hard-coded in the C++ so cannot be changed.

I just changed SIZE="%D" above to SIZE="1" and this shrinks the box

Comment

Hi there,

I believe that the area may be set to accept 1 charactor, therefore when I tried inserting -1, which didn't work, but well done.
        Thank You
        Menar Khan

Comment

Re: hi menar

Originally posted by harlequin
          hi menar,

quote:
          The quantity box is formatted using a prompt (-1, 2173) %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" VALUE="%d"> but the size is set hard-coded in the C++ so cannot be changed.

I just changed SIZE="%D" above to SIZE="1" and this shrinks the box
          Be careful with this Steve because in the code there will be something that takes that prompt and replaces the %d's with values, it will have two strings and two numbers in the code and will just replace them in order. You have taken out the %d so now you will almost certainly get whatever would have gone into the size clause in the value clause and the value itself will be lost.

Cheers,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ooh err

suppose i better test

will let you know of any advers affects

steve

Comment

qty field size

Originally posted by Jan
              Be careful with this Steve because in the code there will be something that takes that prompt and replaces the %d's with values, it will have two strings and two numbers in the code and will just replace them in order. You have taken out the %d so now you will almost certainly get whatever would have gone into the size clause in the value clause and the value itself will be lost.

Cheers,
              Jan,
              As you were responding, i have just tried altering the size ="%d" to size="1" (which gives me a 3 character input display). As you predicted, it resulted in my quantity field defaulting to "4" (go figure!).
              I tried changing the value="%d" field to "1" as well, and this has given me the default qty of 1 that i want. Am a bit wary of doing this, as i don't have a clue if that is what the field is meant for.
              Can you shed any light on the 'value' field?
              Also, are you implying that this change will affect other aspects of my site as %d is used elsewhere?
              ie. if this change is going to cause me problems further down the track, maybe i should just live with a thick, ugly quantity box?!

thanks for any info,
              Robynne

Comment

Re: qty field size

Robynne,

If you set the second field to 1 as well it will be fine, you will only have problems if you remove them and there are more %'s to the right. You just need to double check that the default values are used if nothing is changed. There will be no side effects on other parts of the site, the %d is a programming thing and each prompt that uses it will be dealt with in a different part of the program.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

seems to work ok

hi all, just uploaded a test page at http://www.tiggypig.com/acatalog/har...llqtytest.html (marks out today but i am sure he wont mind!)

i also changed the value="1" as above.

it seems to order etc.....dont know if it has any further implications but it seems to be all fine for now.....

steve

Comment

Re: Re: qty field size

Originally posted by Jan

you will only have problems if you remove them and there are more %'s to the right. You just need to double check that the default values are used if nothing is changed.
                    Sorry Jan,
                    what do you mean by "more %'s to the right"?
                    Also, does the size and value field have to always be the same? ie. can i use size="2" (for a wider qty box) and value="1"?

cheers,
                    Robynne

Comment

Re: Re: Re: qty field size

Originally posted by robynne
                      Sorry Jan,
                      what do you mean by "more %'s to the right"?
                      Also, does the size and value field have to always be the same? ie. can i use size="2" (for a wider qty box) and value="1"?

cheers,
                      Robynne
                      Sorry to be confusing, basically I am saying that you can replace %d or %s with text so long as their are no more occurences of %s or %d after the ones you have removed.

The size and value fields are independant so you can set them to whatever values you want to, so size = "2" and value = "1" will be fine.

Regards

Comment

thank you

Many thanks to all, for your help (and patience with me).

Menar, look forward to the results of your investigations into changing the background colours of the qty and search box.

regards,
                        robynne

Comment

changing the background colours of the qty and search box.
                          I think adding some inline style to the <input> field will do it.

e.g.

<input style="background-color: #112233" .......>

where ..... is what you had there already.

Norman
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It works like magic.
                            thanks Norman - you're a star.

regards,
                            Robynne

Comment

Re: seems to work ok

Originally posted by harlequin
                              hi all, just uploaded a test page at http://www.tiggypig.com/acatalog/har...llqtytest.html (marks out today but i am sure he wont mind!)

i also changed the value="1" as above.

it seems to order etc.....dont know if it has any further implications but it seems to be all fine for now.....

steve
                              Steve,

Site looks fantasitc.

Really like what you've done with the TiggyPig price bit - especially the conversion line euro, US dollar other etc

how did you do this? what's the code? do I have to edit a template or create my own one?

It would be really useful to put it on our web site, currently, we only have it in our checkout area. Customers ask what the prices are in USD all the time and I have been looking to find away to do a conversion for each product before they "add to cart". Looks like you've mastered it!

If you can spare the time, please could you advise me?
                              Email: support@skatejunkie.co.uk

T.I.A for your advice.
                              Kerri

Comment

Working...
                              X