external database on two machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external database on two machines

i am trying to set up an external database which is linked to on two machines....the problem is we need to be able to take offline orders on the two machines at the same time.......but i get an error when trying this saying the other person is busy accessing the file....the linking works ok as long as the two machines arent viewing/changing/ordering products at the same time....i could understand possibly why they couldnt change products at the same time...but i dont see why they cant view the products or order at the same time.

is this the multi user function i need or am i setting something up wrong on the external link settings.

You need to look at multi-user if you want to be able to do that.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

What are you using for your external database?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

well i say database.....but it is actually only a few fields i was trying it out with....just an xls file.

we have 2 versions of the same site....one english and one foreign.....we need to be able to modify products for both sites at the same time....just for ease....its too much hastle to be exporting and importing files to keep things upto date..

Comment

That is your problem then, xls spreadsheets are single user only, use a database and it will work just fine.

External linking to excel spreadsheets isn't support by multiuser.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

yes that works a treat thanks..)

Comment

Working...
            X