Paypal Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Problems

I use paypal (as a secondary provider) to take payments on my websites, but it doesn't seem to work on my new website...

I have two paypal accounts, one for the store and one for testing. The problem is when trying to make a payment on my new site using my test account it gives an error when I try to login in to the account -
    We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005
    It still works on my old websites (i.e. I can make a payment), and I can log into the account ok at the normal paypal login screen.

It is only when trying to log in to the account at this website that it gives the error.

I've tried paypal support (don't laugh, it was worth a shot), but I'm stuck in the help files, e-mail support, get an e-mail back saying 'read the help files' loop... Anyone else seen this problem - have I missed a step in the config somewhere...?

The other thing is that I don't know if it's just me (an account problem) or everyone who tries to use it on my site (i.e a config error)...
    John

reply from paypal -
    After researching your website button, I see the return URL's are beyond our allowed limit. After removing the information, the website buttons worked properly.
    I've taken a look at the jumping page (after order_02, but before paypal - where it displays the paypal button and pauses for a few seconds) and he's right - the return path is huge.

The problem seems to be that I have fairly long page names and this is included in the return path -
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="return" VALUE="http://www.crazydaves.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl?SEQUENCE=3&ACTION=Finish&ORDERNUMBER=JS28XZ10012011&REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecrazydaves%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fbb000001%2epl%3fPRODUCTPAGE%3dC7115A%2dToner%2dCartridge%2dBlack%2dHP%2dLaserjet%2d1200N%2ehtml&">
    So, is the "&REFPAGE/PRODUCTPAGE" bit really necessary? If not can I cut it out? If not what the heck do I do now...?
    John

Comment

Hi John

Yes the &REFPAGE is necessary, have you thought about shorten the actual pagename itself? That may be a solution for you

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nope, I have over 3000 catalog pages and they're all pretty long - renaming is not an option.

I made sure that they were all withing the actinic length limits for each field so I assumed that they would work.

What are the other options if I want to use Paypal?
        John

Comment

Hi John

I would suggest in contact Actinic Support then, but it may be a case of the limitation on Paypal to not allow a huge section to pass through. In the scripts there are many references to "&REF" part.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is a paypal limitation, but as paypal is supposed to be supported by actinic I would expect the limits to 'line up'...

Still not sure why the REF info needs to be there as it seems to be referencing one of the product pages rather than the cart?

Anyway, how do I raise a support request?
            John

Comment

Hi John

Here is the link to raise a support request: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X