Speeding up site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding up site

Hi, we seem to be having a minor problem with our website at the mo, in so much as the menu on the left is taking roughly AGES to load!

could anybody out there make any suggestions as to how to speed the thing up

Thanks

PS- the site is http://www.incredibid.co.uk
    www.incredibid.co.uk

You are using my "Donationware" NorTree menu (have I heard from you?). This uses Act_section_tree_names.js and Act_section_tree_URLs.js which are 45Kb and 76Kb respectively.

However you've also left in the Actinic YahooSections code (although you're not using it) which is unnecessarily loading a 225Kb Act_section_tree.js.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

right so as far as i can see i have killed off the yahoo sections code but it is still loading quite slow

Any other ideas anybody
      www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

170 KB of images, 196KB in total to load.

On a 512K dsl connection that is going to take in the region of 3-6 seconds to load.

I'd guess that the javascript isn't loading/running until the rest of page has loaded.

Too many large images.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We were running a similar Dynamic Menu but dropped it because our customers were complaining about the loading time.

I'm pretty new to this stuff and didn't know how to speed up the loading in other ways so went back to the standard menu for the time being.

Pity because I do like the 'pop out' style menus

Comment

Working...
          X