Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newb cant find correct files to edit for custo

I'm sorry, but I really am new to this.
    I would like to customise the site so it's like some of those shown in the live examples...
    I understand the logic that the site and pages are made up of different pieces, but I cant find the right pieces to edit.
    I'm told that the files to edit re those that begin the ACT_ but the majority of them are just made up of NETQUOTEVAR:xxxxxxxxxxx with nothing to edit.

I'm really confused with it all, and I have tried really hard to understand, but now I could do with some help...

Thanks

Pete

Hi,
    Download the advanced user guide from:
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm
    (Get the Word version, copying code works better).

Also get the Dictionary of Template Variables.

Basically, NETQUOTEVAR's are replaceable parameters. e.g. NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME which is defined in the product layout template, gets replaced by the product name when the site is generated. So if you were to surround the variable with the bold tag, all product names would appear bold.
    e.g. <B>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</B> etc.

In Actinic, click Advanced, Template Manager, and have a play around. This gives a good idea of how the template system works. Clicking on an item brings up the template html file in notepad. If you want to get into customising the page layouts, you would do well to open these files in Dreamweaver.

Alternatively, have a look through the Themes for pre-defined layouts, some aren't too bad now!
    Nick Morecroft
    01392 434530
    <A target=_blank href ="http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/">http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/</A>
    hosting, search engine optimisation, design and ecommerce

Comment

Thanks but I'm still a bit confused, ok, from what i gather ACT_Productlinex is the template which defines the layout of products on a page?
      so, lets say I wanted to have the prducts shown say 3 or 4 width ways and x number downways, how can I hange that becase all I see in template is:
      NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY
      NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

and also, how can i do it so that each customisation isnt overwritten everytime i add a product?

Thanks again

Pete

Comment

Working...
      X