Other info question appearing on product AND checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other info question appearing on product AND checkout

On this page http://www.epilepsy.org.uk/acatalog/donation.html I've used the other info question to allow users to tell us why they're making a donation.

But when they go to checkout, their answer has disappeared, and they are asked the question again.

Is there a way to stop this happening without changing from "Quantity on product page" to "Quantity in Shopping Cart" or "Quantity in on Confirmation Page" ?

The problem is that your default value of 'Prefer not to say' is being used as the 'initial value' for the text field both on the page, and also in the shopping cart. Therefore, when the shopping cart is shown, the customer's input is replaced by the browser.

It's a shame you are not on v8 - as this is much easier. But in v7 in the Advanced User Guide on p65 there is a section called 'Having a larger box for the 'Other Info' Prompt'. I believe that a side-effect of this change is that the 'Other Info' field is no longer mandatory so it will be possible to leave it blank.

Comment

Donation question

Brilliant - I'll try that.

Thanks Chris

Comment

V8 donations

Originally posted by cdicken
        The problem is that your default value of 'Prefer not to say' is being used as the 'initial value' for the text field both on the page, and also in the shopping cart. Therefore, when the shopping cart is shown, the customer's input is replaced by the browser.

It's a shame you are not on v8 - as this is much easier. But in v7 in the Advanced User Guide on p65 there is a section called 'Having a larger box for the 'Other Info' Prompt'. I believe that a side-effect of this change is that the 'Other Info' field is no longer mandatory so it will be possible to leave it blank.
        Hi

I am on V8 now. Please could you tell me the V8 version of this answer?

Cheers,

Alan

Comment

Alan,

I can see that it works on the URL provided on the first post.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X