Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Urgent Help Required

I must rate as the greatest idiot in UK

I have two sites and had a day of problems trying to refresh one of the sites.

Assumed that when you change from one site to another on the same computer the backup facility saved a seperate database for each site.

On restoring the site1 files thrue snapshot I ended up loosing all my orders information and when I tried to recover the database it loaded site2 information.

I have copied the site1 files to another location prior to this but cannot find any reference to the database information.

Part 2 how do you reset the invoice counter after a complete site refresh.?

going mad with frustration

Chris
    Chris Ashdown

When you import a snapshot you can check a box to leave your orders in place.

If you go to housekeeping/backup/shutdown backup options you can specify a filename for that particular sites backups, if you make this different for each of your sites your site backups will not overwrite each other on exit.

The actinic database is called ActinicCatalog.mdb, a search might find one for you. You might also find one called previous.mdb or backup.mdb in your site directory. These may be slightly older versions of your current one.

You can reset the order number by going to help/troubleshooting.

I hope you manage to sort it all out, it sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan you are a life saver, I was half way to beachy head to jump!!

I found a backup database that was only a few days out and that has given me most of the old orders

It is not very clear about what each backup part does, I assumed that a daily snapshot was saving the all the data. Now I find the database only is backed up on backup and the site on snapshot. Actinic could make this clearer in future versions or just have one backup that does the lot.

One final question

If I want to change over to a different computer with two sites on the first computer. What files do I need to transfer after loading Actinic on to the second computer?

New computer would be used as a replacement not networked

Thanks again a thousand times

Chris
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Well done. :-)

I would have expected a snapshot to be sufficient but can recall threads that have listed other things, I would suggest either doing a search in the archives or waiting for an expert to come along and answer.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have previously noted in the Developers conference that some things are missed in a Snapshot. These will hopefully be fixed in a future release.

This is the thread if you can access that conference.
          Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
          X