Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT workaround

Hello,

I think i've asked this before but I don't remember anyone being able to suggest a solution. Apologies if someone has but I've not seen it!

I need a VAT workaround because we have a section which displays products that should be displayed at £2.99. It's called the £2.99 section so this is crucial!

The problem is we enter prices without VAT and you can't actually reach the £2.99 figure when entering prices without VAT. You either get £2.98 or £3.00.

The only way around this is to change the VAT rate to 17.52% but i'm not too happy about doing this as the rate appears on the invoices we print when we process the orders.

Does anyone know of a better way around this, other than entering prices inclusive of VAT?

Thanks for your help
    Cheers
    Stuart

Hi there

The only way to do this, I'm afraid, is to use 'Custom' tax. You select 'Custom' in the 'Details' tab of the product, and then in the field that becomes active you can enter the exact value of tax you want to add on that item.

You might then want to edit the 'Including VAT at 17.5%' message as it will say something like ''Including VAT at 17.49%". To edit this, go to 'Design | Text' and click 'Go to' and go to field ID: 219. Change this from 'Including %s' to 'Including VAT'.

Comment

I dont think the tax man would be to happy if you change the tax rate however small, as i am sure you would be knowingly breaking some law and would fail your vat inspection
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
      X