• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic will be the death of me!

Hello all

Estruse again...
    http://www.estruse.com

I have a section in Actinic Catalog (AC) called 'Eye & Facial Care Products' and the page name for this is called Eye_Creams.html which can be renamed under the 'Layout' tab.

I want to rename this to something like eye_facial_care.html which is not a problem. However, when I then upload the changes the navigation bar on the first page (index.html) fails to recognise the change (clicking on the relevant link showing a page not found message) - but all other pages in lower levels of the website do and work correctly!

Any ideas? I think its the navigation system of index.html or from what I can gather maybe SiteRoot_index.html which is not updating correctly.

This is so annoying!

Chris

Hi Chris

Is there any element of hard-coding on the front page? Does the same thing happen on the page after clicking the 'shop' link?

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben

Not that I have done - no there is no hard coding per say.

I have now changed the filename of Anti-Wrinkle Products from Anti_Wrinkle_Products.html to 2Anti_Wrinkle_Products.html so that you can see whats goinfg on.

The link fails on the opening page but works fine at all other levels throughout the site!

Baffling!
      Chris

Comment

I can see what you mean.

From viewing the source, I can see that the html is different on the brochure page and the main shop page for the link to the anti-wrinkle page. The difference is between the code in the primary template and the brochure primary template. So I would advise looking at the html for the section list in the brochure primary template.

Alternatively, register a query at www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and you will be able to email both the brochure primary and the primary templates to the support team.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Many thanks Ben!

This has worked. It indeed meant editing the links in the brouchre page.

It would be great if there was a feature in AC that updated this brochure page without having to manually edit the html file....

Thanks again
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X