How to have "In stock" displayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to have "In stock" displayed?

How do I get my template to always print "In Stock" except when the item is out of stock?

Currently I have stock checking turned off as I don't want to monitor stock. However, occasionally there are a couple of items that will be out of stock for quite a while, so for these few only I want to switch stock monitoring on (and set stock to zero).

This means that on the product page actinic either displays the 'add to cart' button OR the message "out of stock". This functionality is ok (it correctly shows out of stock items and prevents their purchase), but I want to go one step further and show everything else as "in stock".

So how do I get it to print "in stock" for those items where stock monitoring is switched off...?
    John

Add the text to Act_CartButtonImage.html or Act_CartButton.html depending on the style of cart button you use.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ok, that is simple and kind of works - but it's difficult to make it fit in my template. If I put it next to the button they are at different heights which looks odd, if I put it above or below the button it messes up my vertical alignment...And it's not in the most intuative place either...

Is there any way to get some that allows me to put it anywhere?
      John

Comment

You can either keep it in the same template and use CSS to position it wherever you want or use javascript in the product template.

The code for the javascript option is around on the forum somewhere.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I did find some code, but it was the "if stock level > 0 then ..." kind. However, items with monitoring turned off and those with stock monitoring turned on but 0 stock both return a stock value of 0 so I can't differentiate between them.

I suppose I could just turn it on for everything and set all of the in stock items to some really high value... (what is the max btw?)
          John

Comment

Given the way you're using it, why not just use something like

<div style="position: relative; top: 0px; left: -100px;">In Stock</div>

in the cart button HTML.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
            X