File/URL link problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File/URL link problem

I have created a text link in the catalog from a product page to the 'terms & conds' page. This works fine in the offline website on my computer. The problem is when it is uploaded to the site: when the link is clicked and goes to the page, the images on 'terms & conds' don't load and the address is /P_info.html rather than the /info.html when you go direct to 'terms & conds' via the menu.

I tried to change this in actinic to /info.html, but it wouldn't recognise the file.

(Incidentally it did work when I had to do it in the brochure part when creating a text link from one page to another to get the website to work. Only, the offline version now doesn't!)

Any ideas?

You need a copy of external files in Preview HTML in the site1 directory
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I can get it all to work jim dandy in Preview mode. It's when it's uploaded to the site that the problems start. so I'm not sure what to do now.

Comment

Managed to sort it out and thought I'd put it up in case anyone else has the same problem.

I was thrown by being asked for File/URL for the link, and gave it a file. This enabled it to work in preview but not online. Changing it to a URL means it now works online but not in preview.

I've had problems with things working in preview and not online quite often while building the site when creating links within the website. It would be handy if this aspect of preview could be made more accurate.

Comment

Working...
        X