Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do your customers see when they've checked out

Hi there.

I was just wondering what your customers see when they've completed checkout?

At the moment, on our site, they just get re-directed back to our website but don't get an on screen acknowledgement/thank you for shopping etc.

It just seems a little abrupt and we've had a couple of instances where customers are left wondering whether the order has actually been submitted. They do get an acknowledgement email but nothing as an instant confirmation.

Next question - Would it be easy to bring up a web page to say thank you - blah, blah, blah before returning them to the site after a short period of time?

Hayley

Within the Design | Options | Misc tab, you have an option for URL for Completed and Aborted Checkout, which if you created a page containing something about, sorry you aborted your order, blah blah blah to cover that element of it....

Then, create another page for completed, and connect the Done button on the receipt page for the completed ones...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Which template has the 'Done' Button you refer to ?

We're using the Smart Theme and to keep continuity I want to use the Act_Primary style layout for our 'Thank You' page but want to insert text in the main centre table.

Which bits do I need to remove from the html to insert my text/images in this 'box' ?

http://www.cheapdies.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

i think there is somthing in the advanced user guide about redirecting people using the "Done " button

Comment

Working...
        X