Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Section blob version

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Actinic Catalog v4 to v5. I refreshed the site, and everything looked ok untill I tried to add somthing to the basket, then I get this error:

'A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Section blob version is 10, but only version 11 is supported. File: A0006.cat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner'

Someone else on this forum has had this problem and they were advised:

'The solution to this one (and to your earlier question) is to copy all the *.pl and *.pm files from the 'Original' folder into your 'Sites\Site1' folder. Then go to 'Web | Refresh Website'. '

I have tried this, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Does anyone have any other sugestions?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

This is a common problem...........solution is in the knowledge base

Comment

If you mean here:
      http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/kadmin/acatalog/
      I couldn't find anything when searching for it. Is there another knowledge base? Could you give me the URL if there is.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul

Take a look at http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...dmin/acatalog/

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thank for the help, I have done as it says in the knowledge base:

'To fix this, go to the 'Original' folder within your installation directory and COPY all files with the extension *.pl and *.pm to the clipboard. Then, paste them within your site folder (normally 'Site1') - overwriting all existing files.

Also, copy the 'ShippingTemplate.pl' file from 'Original\ShipControl' into 'Site1\ShipControl' (or equivalent).

Now, go to 'Web | Refresh Website' to refresh the site.'

I even deleted my remote site before refreshing it, and this has not helped fixed the problem. Is there any chance that the files in the 'Origional' folder weren't updated during the site update for some reason? If so how could I fix it?

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

You can check whether the perl scripts are the correct version by finding out your version 'day number' (this is the 4 letter code found in Help | About ...), opening perlscript.pl in Notepad and searching for that day number. If it is found, the scripts in that folder are the correct version, if not they are wrong.

If the scripts in your 'Original' directory are the wrong version, you will have to delete the directory and reinstall the software or contact support who may be able to send you the correct scripts.
            www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Ben
            Ben Popplestone

Comment

Also ...

since the error mentions the .cat file, you may like to try deleting all .cat files locally and remotely and then refreshing the site.

Ben
              Ben Popplestone

Comment

They were the wrong perl scripts in the Origional folder, I just had to reinstall Actinic and the problem was solved.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X