timeout error at the 'merge incrementals'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timeout error at the 'merge incrementals'

I'm getting a timeout error at the 'merge incrementals' stage of the actinic upload. It doesn't make any difference if it is the full upload, or just uploading a few modified pages.

If I press retry one or more times then it does complete (I assume successfully).

I have done a "Help|Troubleshooting|Web site purge and refresh" (which completed without the timeout error, but all uploads after that require one or more 'retries'.

This problem started when I uploaded to a new server with the same host (suspicious timing), but the host can't find any problems with the server - any ideas on what would cause this error?
    John

looking at the KB article on what happens during upload I found this....

Merging incremental updates at the web site
    There are a few large data files (search index, customer account details) used in Actinic Ecommerce. It would be quite ineffective to upload them in case of any small change. Therefore Actinic keeps a copy of these files from the previous upload (if there were any) and compares to the current one - making updates as necessary. MergeDiff.pl assembles these files.
    Normally when I get this type of merge error - which I feel is caused by the webserver and the PC/site1 becoming out of sync - and not the server itself. (John has moved webservers, but not PC). I would delete cat and fil files from both the webserver and site1.

Are there any other files that should be removed also?

Comment

I tried this last night - deleting .FIL and .CAT from server and site directory - but it hasn't fixed it. I'm not too keen on the other suggestion of deleting all the .pl files and replacing with defaults - some have been modified...
      John

Comment

I get regular timeout/retry on this stage of upload on one site I am developing - but usually one single retry sees me completed, so I have not worried about it. "Merge Error" is a more serious problem and does warrant the deletion of fil and cat files etc. - but not the simple timeout error.

It seems likely that this is tied to an FTP timeout setting. You can't control the one on the server (though your host can), but you can control the setting in Advanced | Network Settings - FTP Options button.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X