How Do I Add a NEWS Section.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Add a NEWS Section.....

I want to show latest news, press, etc and am unclear as how to add this to my site. I would like it on the front Page as well as in the catalogue.
    Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
    www.memixdirect.com

If you want this to be appear beside the other navigation links then you can add the appropriate HTML code around NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE in Act_Header.html.

I hope this helps.
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

If you don't want to be editing templates on a regular basis there are some other things that add info content to your site:-

You can also try View / Business Settings / Terms and Conditions / Marketing Message where you can put in quite a lot of text.

Also in Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Page Header/Footer you can put in a lot more text than the tiny entry boxes imply. Just work it up in a text editor and paste it in.

Finally you can have a zero priced dummy product at the top (or anywhere you like) of each page. If you untick Can Be Ordered Online then it just appears like a piece of news.

In all the above You can include HTML by enclosing it in !!< and >!! (in the product name and description for the dummy product).

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks for th einfo - will try it!
        Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
        www.memixdirect.com

Comment

Working...
        X