Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing Post Code validation within Actinic

Hi everyone,

Have been trawling through the threads trying to find out about post code validation. I want to know if the 'Validate Post/Zip Code' option in Advanced | Locations actually works or not?

An old post indicated that this was on the wish list for future versions and that it only worked in Business when entering post codes whilst setting up new accounts, i.e. not online as customers went through the checkout. Other threads have referred to it, but I can't find anyone that has successfully got this working.

I know Jan from Mole End will suggest their PostCode Anywhere solution , and I can see this is a good product, but as we are only just launching I want to try and do things simply in Actinic for now.

So any ideas if this inbuilt feature does in fact work or not and how to implement it? I'm using v7.0.4 of Actinic.

Many thanks,

Des
    Des Crocker

http://www.dots4strings.com - modern & classical string quartet arrangements

I think the postcode validation (and the email validation) in Actinic simply checks whether a postcode has a valid configuration of characters ie is it "TH32 8SS" and not "77789ffd", so it doesn't check whether the postcode is a real one and/or ties up with the rest of the address. There are more sophisticated solutions available which will do this and even enter the address given the post code etc.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H
      I think the postcode validation (and the email validation) in Actinic simply checks whether a postcode has a valid configuration of characters ie is it "TH32 8SS" and not "77789ffd"
      This is all I need Mark! I just want Actinic to check against the input masks for that country. Can't seem to get it working though ....

Cheers,
      Des
      Des Crocker

Comment

I've never done it (we even took the email validation off because we realised that on occasion it led to abandoned shopping carts) - it looks like you simply tick the country, but note two in that dialog box makes me wonder if it's a bit more complex than that. Hopefully someone else can help......

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Hi Des

This feature isn't used on the website I'm afraid. It is only an offline feature - i.e. it is used to validate post codes when creating offline orders or customer accounts.

Comment

Ah - that explains it then !

Thx for your reply Chris.

Cheers,
            Des
            Des Crocker

Comment

[fx: Jan from Mole end Waves at Des]

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X